By Janine Rotter, Director of Fitness Nutrition for UNBOWED
These are the BEST Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies that we have ever made!
Get ready for a cookie experience that will knock your socks off!
Most of the time protein cookies have a tendency to come out dry, however with a new baking technique these cookies are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside!
The trick is setting the oven to 410 degrees and only baking for 6 minutes. Sounds crazy, but it works!
WHAT YOU NEED
½ cup coconut oil (softened, but NOT liquid)
1 cup brown Swerve
¼ cup granular Swerve
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1½ cups almond flour
⅔ cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips (stevia-sweetened)
2 cups walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the coconut oil, brown and granular swerve together. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
3. Mix in the almond flour. Add the Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder, baking soda and sea salt and and mix until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
4. Use an ice cream scooper to place 8 large scoops of dough on each of the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 6 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to cool slightly before transferring from the pans.
5. Top the cookies with a pinch of flake salt just before baking.
One cookie equals: 247 calories, 14g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 0 g sugar and 12g protein.
Recipe Courtesy of Real Healthy Recipes