By Janine Rotter, Director of Fitness Nutrition
If you really want to start your day with a metabolism boost + drop a few digits on the scale. It's this simple!
Drink water immediately upon rising.
Today I'm giving you the top 7 reasons why you need to start doing this now to improve your quality of life.
Because our body is made up of 70% water, we know all too well that we need to consume a lot of water each day to keep our bodies healthy and satisfied.
And if we don't there are many health problems, both long and short-term, that can come about from dehydration.
Let's touch on obesity for a minute...Do you know why the Japanese population is known to have one of the slimmest cultures?
They drink water immediately after waking up!
So let's get to why this simple routine can reap big health rewards.
How you can avoid Long-Term Water Dehydration Effects
• You should drink at least 24 oz (3 cups) of room temperature water (room temperature water is recommended for optimal digestion) right after waking up. YES, that's even before your coffee. Build up your tolerance to drinking this much water day by day!
• Avoid snacking or having breakfast for at least 45 mins after consumption.
Throughout the Day:
• Always drink water 30 mins before eating a meal
• Try to avoid drinking water two hours after a meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
When Will I See Results?
• If you have Diabetes or high blood pressure: allow 30 days
• If you suffer from constipation: allow 10 days. I for one see results within days.
But, Really. Why Should We Drink Water?
Well, here are 7 reasons why drinking room temperature water immediately after waking up improves your life.
1. Increases Skin Radiance for a Flawless Complexion
• By drinking water, your body is able to release toxins faster, which will therefore give your skin that glow and radiance.
• In fact, 16 oz of water has proven to increase blood flow and make your skin glow while increasing the production of new blood cells.
• The shortage of water in your body can also cause premature wrinkles and deeper pores.
2. Helps Weight Loss
• Besides being less hungry and decreasing cravings, by drinking water immediately after waking up, your body is releasing toxins, which begin the movement in your bowels. This process will recover and improve your digestive system.
3. Improve Metabolism
• If you are dieting, you know that just by drinking water on an empty stomach, you can increase your metabolic rate by 24%! By increasing your metabolic rate, you are digesting faster and therefore improving your digestive system.
• The water also purifies your colon, letting the organ absorb nutrients faster naturally.
4. Increase Shine and Hair Texture
• Did you know that water makes up 25% of the weight of one strand of hair? By decreasing water intake, you are actually causing your hair to turn thin and delicate. Just another reason why drinking water on an empty stomach will increase hair growth and hair characteristics.
5. Relieves Heartburn and Ingestion
• Heartburn and ingestion can be caused by increased acidity in your stomach and acid refluxes in your esophagus. When you drink water early in the morning, the water pushes the acidity down and dilutes the stomach.
• The water will decrease the acidity in your stomach so that when it is time for your breakfast, you will be comfortable.
6. Inhibits Kidney Stones and Bladder Infections
• Just like with heartburn, the water will dilute the stomach acidity to decrease the chance of kidney stones.
• The more water you drink, the more toxins you are releasing from your body, which helps to prevent bladder infections.
7. Strengthens Immune System
• Drinking water first thing in the morning flushes out the stomach and therefore balances the lymphatic system. A stable lymphatic system will help build a strong immune system, which will prevent us from getting sick as often.
I hope today's 7 tips have given you some insight into the importance of staying hydrated and the real benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning!
But don't forget you still need to sip on water throughout the day and we make doing that delicious with our HYDRATION + RECOVERY all-in-one supplement.
By diluting acidity and ridding toxins, water will be your new best friend!